Look for the “Rest.Stop.Ranch Respite Retreat Center & Accessible Gardens” educational & interactive 8-foot table exhibit, at the Emerson Center or Gould Barn on 3/18. Learn & experience the therapeutic activities we offer at our Seasonal (April -October) Memory Café & Sunday Strolls programs, for people with disabilities and care-partners, specializing in Alzheimer’s/dementia-care. Our “Dementia-Care Musical Theatre” integrates horticultural, art, music, dance, drama, and play therapies.
1. Table-top Sensory Garden (See, Hear, Smell, Touch, Taste) –– With table-side interpretation & facilitation.
2. Take-home Flower Fun (while supplies last) –– A demonstration/DIY horticultural-art-therapy craft project.
3. Bird & Fish Tales –– Interactive play, with puppets, throughout the day (based on “Bird Tales: A Program for Engaging People with Dementia though the Natural World of Birds,” by Randy Griffin, R.N., M.S. HNC, with Audubon Society).
4. Drums & Dancing –– Participate in a 5-minute music, movement, drama & play session (offered each hour, on the half-hour).
5. Memory Café Education –– Lecture & Q+A: What is a Memory Café? (5-minute lecture offered each hour, on the hour; Reading from the 2016 book in which we are featured: “The Alzheimer’s and Memory Café: How to Start and Succeed with Your Own Café,” by Jytte Fogh Lokvig, Ph.D.; Q+A offered throughout the event).
Moving forward with a listening heart,
vision, inquiry, and action,