This coming Saturday, July 23, Karl and I will be volunteering again at the Alzheimer’s Association MA/NH Memory Ride happening in Devens, MA. This year we will wear “Green Team” T-shirts. I’m excited that the Association listened to my proposal to initiate a “green program” for the event, and they’ve put it into action! Recycling bins will be available at all event sites including each pit stop along the bike route.
Karl and I will be in Devens at the main event site, from 11:30 am – 5pm, supporting the green effort. Many thanks to Katrina Kazda of the Sustainable Business Leader Program of Boston and Julia Wolfe of Boston’s “Save That Stuff” who assisted me with the research and proposal submitted to the Alzheimer’s Association.
This event is a fund raiser for brain research funds, which will be awarded to brain researchers. My support of this event is directly linked to the Mission Statement I wrote for Marymac Missions:
Champions for caregivers and adults living with extended illness, we:
– meet people where they are (physically, mentally, socially, emotionally, spiritually, locally, financially).
– provide positive experiences, strategies, practices, coping methods and skills through the cycle of health, illness, loss, recovery and renewal.
– raise public awareness and facilitate community alliances between individuals, families, businesses and community organizations to reach, include and care for care givers and receivers who become marginalized because of the systemic effects of illness.
– lead and participate in research that aims to understand the effectiveness of care giver and receiver health programs.
– support research that aims to illuminate and eliminate the root causes of disease.
– adapt to best serve current care giver and receiver needs.
Please stop by and say Hi if you are at the event!
Moving forward with a listening heart,
vision, inquiry and action,